Have you heard? It’s all the rage. Juicing and green smoothies. Those crazy granola types used to be the only ones carrying around green looking concoctions but now moms and business executives can be seen toting the interesting liquids around in glass mason jars. So what’s the scoop?
First, let’s just clarify one thing. Juicing is done by using a juicer and it removes the fiber. A smoothie is created using a blender and it retains the fiber. Got it? They are not one and the same.
Are they both great for your health? Yes! You can find all sorts of silly debates on the internet about which is better. Save yourself time. They are both fabulous nutrient vehicles for your body, so incorporate both. If you don’t have a juicer, then blend. Either way your body thrives and hums on the nutrient dense drinks. Make it a daily habit and watch your wellness elevate!
By the way don’t be afraid of the fruit in the smoothie, trust me.
Forget all the “nature’s candy” nonsense and let your body heal with the amazing benefits of fruit.
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 2 handfuls spinach or lettuce
- 1/2 handful Cilantro and/or parsley
- Basil leaves-really elevates the taste!
- Frozen or fresh fruit-anything a kiwi or two, strawberries, cherries, mango
- Water or coconut water or both
- Put the greens in first, add the herbs and bananas and fresh and frozen fruit.
- Add water, start with 2 cups and adjust accordingly depending on the texture of smoothie you desire.